Thursday, June 6, 2013

City portals and dancing lights

As the plane took off in the night, I watched as the lights reflect through the portals and danced around the cabin walls.  I continued to enjoy my private light show, wondering if anyone else had noticed the magic happening inside the plane.

Then the gentleman with the window seat motioned for me to look out the portal. What a class act. The night was clear and the birdseye view was breathtaking. I thought to myself, how do birds ever convince themselves to land on a clear night?

Of course the downside of the red eye flight is the lack of sleep in a small cramped space. Didn't get much sleep on this one and I thank God that they provided a blanket. I used it as a shield to cover my eyes against the lights that were left on during the flight. 

Now I'm at Ponta Delgada Azores airport waiting to board for the second shorter lag of my journey to Lisbon.

See you soon Lisbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment