Friday, June 7, 2013

Lazy in Lisbon

I arrived in Lisbon yesterday around noon. I'm sure most of you may think that's a great time to arrive in a city. Usually I would agree with you but Wednesday was an action packed day for me that began at 6:30 a.m.

So you can imagine with an over night flight (where I didn't get much sleep), I was exhausted when I got here but like an all-star was tried to stay awake until a half decent time.

The Rossio Destination hostel wasn't hard to find at all. The instructions from my receipt were quite detailed. I was quite impressed and would recommend it to any one.

I spent the day exploring the streets on my own and being lazy hanging out with the free WiFi. My intention was to go on a Fado tour with the people at the hostel which began at 9:45 p.m.; however, I felt my grumpiness starting to rumble and knew it was time to hit the hay at 9 p.m.

So I went to bed and only to wake up for 8:30 a.m. on Friday on time for a free pancake breakfast. This morning I'm going to go on a walking tour and then probably go visit St. Georges Castle for the panoramic view and some other historical sites.

I'll keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment