Monday, March 8, 2010

Ferry trials...

Day 9 - March 6
Where was I - Island Santorini/Rethymno & Heraklion (Island of Crete)
Lesson Learned - I would make a very bad sea captain

This morning Math and I split ways as he had to return to normal life and I have more of an adventure to continue. My ferry left at 9:30 a.m. to go to Crete. Up until now I have done much travelling by sea in the past nine-days and have been impressed thus far with my ability to handle the sea.

I didn't know that it had been a calm sea up until now until today on a rough sea. I had the hardest time even standing straight. I tried ridding in the ships cafeteria but had to go below deck for most of the trip where I... just was. There was several times that the ship workers came up to me to ask me if I was okay. Apparently I was green. Luckly the three hour boat ride did not lead to any spuwing of chunks.Needless to say I was quite happy to finish the ferry ride.

Upon exiting the port, I found the bus station to go from Heraklion to Rethymno where I had booked a few nights in a hostel there. The ride through the mountains was heavenly... olive trees/grape, goats, sheep, ocean...

3 comments:

  1. bahahhaha another reason you would of loved the volcano trip... once we get off the volcano and it's cliffs, he get back on the back and it heads out to sea so we could go see the hot springs... the girls on the boat where screaming non stop, my tummy was hurting so bad ... from laughing at them ; ) but seriously it was one of the wildest boat rides I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes on the back = boat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I hope you grabbed some crazy photos for me.

    BTW, next time you totally have to visit Crete and Rhodes.

    ReplyDelete