Monday, March 15, 2010

Istanbul by day... bus trip by night to Sofia.

Day 17 - March 14
Where was I - Istanbul (Turkey)
Lesson Learned -Something scary doesn't have to remain scary.

I got up early this morning and went to the Turkish bath. Figured why not... well I have to say about that over the internet is that it is an experience...Afterward it was a decent time for people... and I said my just-in-case-goodbyes to my roommates prior to leaving with the Spanish boys for a trek around the city.

Me and my three body guards did a huge walk around visited street bazaars, mosques, palaces etc. Followed by a ferry to see the castles that we didn't get to see by foot and saw the bridge from Europe to Asia. Then dinner and back to the hostel.

I must say, it's cold on mainland. I went from being 20-28 degrees in the islands to about 7-10 degrees in Istanbul. I have to admit I'm not totally prepared... just layers, layers, layers.

After dinner I took a Taxi to the bus station as I had totally not read the time that I was suppose to catch my shuttle bus. I got to the bus station with only ten minutes to spare before leaving. Upon getting on my bus I started to read my Bulgaria guide I got in Istanbul by my roomate..

The girl sitting next to me saw what I was reading and spoke English and asked me if I was going to Sofia. Of course this opened up conversation and we talked. She is from Turkey but studying medicine in Bulgaria. We  exchanged numbers so she could show me the city tomorrow after her classes.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment