Saturday, March 6, 2010

Road to Santorini

The best way to describe the roads in Santorini for those in Canada is they are like those in the Rockies. Two lanes with no shoulder and clifts straight down. Because of the way Europeans drive, I was advised not to rent a car by people. The tourist books all said to avoid driving mopeds and bikes too. So I didn't....

Day 8 - March 5
Where was I - Island Santorini
Lesson Learned - Driving a little 50cc Quad/ATV can be scary

Today was the day that we figured we needed to do something different. So we walked around town until we found a shop opened that would rent us some ATV's (even though I don't think they believed me that i had driven a quad before.

Anyhow, I had full expectations that there were some quad trails around the island. Apparently not, we were to drive on the road where locals drive up to 120km and pass each other with no shoulder.  What the hell... it was a beautiful way to see the island and beaches. So far the best 15Euros spent...

No comments:

Post a Comment