Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Leaving Rethymno...

Day 11 - March 8
Where was I - Rethymno  & Heraklion  (Island of Crete)
Lesson Learned - I really can't stand watching and listening to someone puke on a bus.

Today was the second night I stayed at the Rethmno Youth Hostel (Highly recommended to anyone that goes to Crete). The Sahara wind was blowing. It was a little odd because I'd look at the sky and expect snow or rain and cold. But it was 24 degrees and the wind was just blowing dust. Later in the afternoon I took the bus to Hekelion where I looked up a budget hotel.

The bus ride was but an hour but there was a poor girl that was sitting in front of me that just lead over the isle and projectile vomit a few times. Now normallyl I don't have too much of a weak stomach, but man in the heat of the bus and the smell of the oniony & garlicy smell and the motion of it going up and down the isle... not too good for my stomach as we are going up, down and around the mountains. But don't worry, I didn't puke. I was strong... I thought of happy things like flowers, sunshine (actually i rubbed hand sanitizer on my hands a few times and smelt that).


When I got to Hekelion I was actually a little excited because I fugured having a private bath would mean that I could wash a few items by hand in the sink and dry....

My fingers were crossed for the ferry to leave for Rhodos the next day at 5:40a.m. (with not too many waves).

No comments:

Post a Comment