Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dreaming of Africa...

I leave tomorrow for East Africa.

My backpack is packed and I’m heading down to Calgary to share some of this pent up excitement energy with some friends before leaving. I only have a few hours to decide if I have everything I need. If not, I will have to make do and go without or improvise something.

I can’t remember ever being this excited to do something, it’s like the kid inside me is jumping up and down doing jumping jacks on one foot while eating lots of candy and chocolate (normally my inner child is only eating chocolate).

I use to dream of Africa when I was a child. I remember missionaries coming to the church when I was but a wee girl and my imagination ran wild. When I was old enough, I remember going into the library and reading about Africa, even Lion King made me dreamy.

Now, I get to go and in just one sleep!

Before landing in Kenya, there is a 10-hour layover in Amsterdam. I hear there is a speed train from the airport into the city, so there will be plenty of time to explore; maybe go to a museum, have lunch at a cafe and take in some other scenes.

After the Netherland visit the next stop will be Nairobi. So far the first two nights and return flight (from Dares Salaam in Tanzania) are the only things booked. Everything else in between is still yet to be determined but hope to get on a camping safari with a group...

I’ll be trying to keep you all updated on my plans and whereabouts as often as I can but I have a feeling it may not be as often as my other trips...

No comments:

Post a Comment