Saturday, March 5, 2011

I love Africa.

Drive to Calgary  --          5 hours (approx)
Drive to Lethbridge --      3 hours "
Drive back to Calgary --  1.5 hours "
Flight to Amsterdam --    8 hours "
Layover in Amsterdam-- 10 hours "
Flight to Nairobi ---        8 hours

Visiting Africa, unforgetable



Well we've arrived. Landed in Nairobi today at 6:30 a.m. and are staying at the Wildebeest Camp (http://www.wildebeesttravels.com/). The camp itself is pretty beautiful and the staff have been extremely helpful thus far.

Upon arriving to the camp I was in dire need of taking a shower. I swear that I probably stank worse then blue cheese soaked in sour milk. After the shower I felt refreshed enough to explore a bit before our 2p.m. check-in.

Showered, clean hair and a new set of clothing, off to the Giraffe sanctuary we went. Here is where I'm admitting some action... So even though I'm single, that didn't stop me from getting any kisses today. I heard about these Giraffes that give kisses and I was all about it. So I put the piece of food in between my lips and SLURP went the giraffe in my face :)

After our Giraffe experience, we visited a market and went for dinner at Carnivores. I tried a bunch of new meat that I've never had before. I had some Crocodile, Ostrich, and a bunch more that I can't remember right now. I do have to admit that it was delish! My favourite is Ostrich.

Well I"m off to bed. Even though I had a bit of a nap when we finally checked in I feel like exhausted.

Tomorrow is our last night here as we hope to finalise a booking for a  camping safari that leaves on Monday morning to the Masai Mara.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to know you got there ok. Enjoy the sights, sounds, and soul of africa and take advantage of the climate! Things have gotten colder since you left!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI white lady have u been seen the monkey eating babana yet? enjoy ur journey in aftrica and one of this days i will treat u out in the philippines too.... good bless,

    - ELBETH -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also glad that you got there. Enjoy you visit in the warm climate 'cause it is cold at home. It is only -28C here this morning. I will be following your journey and will be waiting to here more upon your arrival home.

    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's with all the smelling like blue cheese references lately... lol

    Anne

    ReplyDelete