Saturday, March 19, 2011

Soaking up Vitamin D...

WARNING THE SUN IS HOT: Exercise caution when by the beach on the Indian Ocean. You may begin to fry like that egg in the story "green eggs and ham".

Yesterday I took a trip up to Kendwa for the rumoured beautiful beaches of Zanzibar. Is it a rumor, when they are indeed beautiful?

The sand was smooth between the toes and the water warm yet refreshing against the skin. I don't think I"ve ever seen such white sand. It was beautiful next to the clean aqua that stretched into the horizon.

The breeze was so relaxing that I may have fallen asleep on my stomach. Thank goodness for my Aloe Vera Gel with Lidocane (highly recomended for those that burn like me).

Apparently due to the "Full Moon" Party  happening that evening it was considered to be really busy. Even the rooms were fully booked. I looked around but I couldn't see how it was busy compared to all other beaches I have visited in Mexico, Canada and the U.S. I would definately recommond Kwanda to anyone looking for a little beach Oasis.

No comments:

Post a Comment