Thursday, March 24, 2011

My travel through time...

My last plane ride to Calgary via Amsterdam was an 8-hours but because of all the time zones crossed it only looked like a 2-hour plane ride on paper.

Sitting near me was a man from Athens who could only spoke Armanian and Greek. During take-off this man graciously offered me a piece of gum. I remembered how to say "thank you" in Greek. Initially he took this as I could speak Greek. But my knowledge of the Greek language was exhausted after I said "I speak English". While I was trying to remember the Greek I had learned last year, for some reason Swahili words just kept popping into my head instead. I tried to help him the most I could and when it was time to fill out the customs card he motioned for me to help him and passed me his passport with a piece of paper for the address of where he was staying... So I filled in the information I could. I hope he has a wonderful visit in his Calgary stay.

Across the aisle in a row a head of me, I saw love.

You're probably thinking: How does one see love?

I saw it manifest itself in two people for each other. It was a vision that I can only hope and dream that one day I will have (with a husband that is currently only hypothetical since I don't even have a boyfriend).

It  was an older couple. I would assume they were in their 80's. During take-off the man wrapped his arm around the woman and she lead her head against his shoulder. It was during the flight is when I realised that she had a hard time walking and I helped reach for her walking cane that was located in the overhead compartment. Everytime she got up to walk to the bathroom, he would make sure that she was okay he would stand up and watch her and everytime she would then return to her seat and she would make sure that he was warm enough  with their shared blanket and hold his hand. I thought it was the cutest thing ever and got me to begin thinking what their love story could be...

No comments:

Post a Comment