Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My quest downtown Amsterdam...

So I have another extra long layover in Amsterdam  again on my way back home to Canada. After going through customs I took the train downtown to "Amsterdam Centraal" in search of graffiti.

It seems that I haven't seem much "street art" and I promised a friend that I would take pictures of anything cool I saw. What better way to spend a couple of early hours in Amsterdam?

As I was trying to get lost down the morning streets, I was walking down what seemed back alleys and garbage lanes (sometimes this is where the best wall art is located), I watch the streets come alive with people ridding their bikes. It was pretty amazing... I saw all kinds of people riding their bikes:

... little people following people that I can only assume were their parents
... people ridding  hands free
... people with wodden baskets
... people with plastic baskets
... hot men in hoddies
... hot men in suits
... some ladies in heels
... some of the people had just done some morning grocery shoping
... some women with baby on board in a rear mounted car seat
... some women with a cart in the front with two kids hanging out
... some people smoking wile riding down the streets
... some people were just taking their leasure time
... some people were visabily in a hurry
... some people decided to walk their bikes
... some people were talking and biking at the same time

There were just all kinds of bike ridders... made me wish that I had rented a bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment